Commerce Court West has earned LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification for Existing Buildings (Operation and Maintenance) rating system. This achievement is due to the ongoing efforts of the operations and management team at the building, and is also shared with the Commerce Court tenants who make everyday environmentally responsible decisions that help drive the property's sustainability performance.
The following is a summary of features that helped the tower achieve its Gold-Level recertification:
- Energy & Atmosphere: Best management practices, optimization of energy efficiency performance, and initiatives like commissioning and energy audit studies performed.
- Water Efficiency: Water efficiency performance management, low flow water fixtures installed throughout the tower, the use of environmentally responsible chemical management in cooling towers, as well as having a water audit performed.
- Materials & Resources: Green procurement policy, which includes locally sourced and / or certified Fair Trade and Organic products for tenant appreciation events. In addition, the property conducts regular waste stream auditing by floor and tenant, and tracking of construction materials for landlord projects.
- Sustainable Sites: Alternative commuting options for tenants such as secure indoor bicyle parking free of charge. Additional credits gained in light pollution reduction and heat island reduction.
- Indoor Environmental Quality: IAQ best management program, including the reduction of particulate matter (PM). High performance green cleaning program, which includes a custodial effectiveness assessment, green product and equipment purchasing, as well as indoor chemical and pollutant source control.
- Innovation in Operations - Educational Program: online and event based sustainability engagement program led by the property management team.
LEED® is a global green building certification program that provides a framework to create healthy, highly efficient and cost-saving green buildings. Commerce Court first earned its LEED Gold Level certification in 2012.
For more information, please contact Commerce Court's Sustainability Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org